About My Little Gumnut Modern Cloth Nappy
- All of our Modern Cloth Nappies (MCNs) come with a waterproof cover and a five-layered Bamboo Insert (made with 2 layers of bamboo and 3 layers of microfiber)
- Our nappy covers are made with soft and smooth waterproof Polyurethane Laminate (PUL) and has a very soft bamboo-fleece inner layer with an inside pocket for the removable insert
- The insert is the absorbency part of the nappy and will soak up any liquid, leaving the inner bamboo-fleece layer nice and dry against babies skin
- To use, simply place the insert inside of the pocket, put the nappy on baby and use the snaps to fasten to the correct size. Please note the nappy should be firm around the waist and legs but not too tight; the nappy should not leave marks on babies skin
- Our nappy covers can be used for up to 2-3 nappy changes (as long as baby has not poo'd) for an economical nappy system - additional inserts are available to purchase
- For nighttime use, use our Night time Nappy or insert 2 Bamboo Charcoal Night Inserts inside of the pocket in our daytime nappy covers
- Use with our Bio Liners to make change time even easier
- Use our Wet Bags for dirty nappies while out and about
- For an even more economical and waste free nappy system, use our Reusable Bamboo Wipes
- Click Here to see our videos on how to use our Cloth Nappies
Easy to Use and Care For
You would be forgiven for thinking that cloth nappies require extra effort to look after and use. But welcome Modern Cloth Nappies. Just like almost everything we use today, cloth nappies have advanced since our parents were using them with us! Our MCN’s are shaped like a disposable nappy and can be tightened for the perfect fit with snap fasteners (that’s right, no pins required!!).
Caring for your MCN’s is pain-free with these 4 easy steps:
- Rinse off any solids (or remove solids with your Flushable Bamboo Liner)
- Place in a dry bucket with a lid
- Machine wash with your usual detergent (a quarter to half a scoop only)
- Line dry in the sun.
The sun will act as a natural disinfectant and draw out any stains, eliminating the need to use whiteners, brighteners or softeners. Always wash your MCN’s 2-3 times before use to boost the absorbency of the inserts.
We don't recommend any particular brand of detergent, however we do recommend using a powder detergent rather than liquid and always use cold or warm water to wash your nappies (water temperature should not exceed 40 degrees Celsius) as ongoing exposure to heat can effect the elastics and PUL material in the outer shell of the nappy. Never dry your outer shells in the dryer.
PLEASE NOTE: We recommend washing our nappies in cold water and line drying in the sun. If you prefer to wash in warm water, the water temperature should never exceed 40 degrees Celsius.