About Tribe Tropical Mon Repos Rash Shirt
Mon Repos Beach, home to the largest concentration of nesting loggerhead turtles in the South Pacific, sits on the coast outside Bundaberg in Queensland. Every year from November to March, people flock from all over the world to witness the magic of the loggerhead’s nesting, followed by the birth of the tiny hatchlings as they emerge from their sand burrows into the world and on to the Coral Sea.
The Earth’s magnetic fields guide the hatchlings back to their birth site Mon Repos, approximately thirty years after they begin their first journey into the deep ocean – only 1 in 1000 hatchlings will survive to adulthood.
The loggerhead turtle is an endangered species; successful breeding at Mon Repos is vital to their survival.
This UPF50+ rash top features a single loggerhead turtle hatchling on a light blue background, and is designed to match our Bargara Board Shorts and Mon Repos Swim / Sun Hat.
Features of this rash top include:
- UPF50+ protection, blocking out 97% of UVA and UVB rays
- Long sleeves in an electric blue colour
- Designed to match our Bargara Board Shorts
- Buttery soft, 100% polyester – OEKO-TEX certified for sustainability
- Limited print-run to eliminate waste, environmental strain, and to maintain boutique appeal
Suits are true to size and correspond to the age of the child, i.e. an average two year old will fit a size 2 and so on. If anything the tops are on the larger side of the age, rather than smaller side.